How do I recover my system using the ORIGIN PC USB Recovery system?
Modified on: Wed, 28 Mar, 2018 at 9:45 PM
A video example is shown in the link below.
Instructional Video Guide
NOTE: This will wipe all partitions on the drive(s)¹ and overwrite it with a factory image.
(Optional) It's important that you choose the option "Load Drivers" first to load any drivers that are required before OS installation (such as RAID, IRST, or PCIe M.2 drivers).
1. Insert USB Recovery Flash drive into a 2.0 USB port if available if not a 3.0 will work and restart the system, as soon as it powers up
Press F7 or F11(EVO) for a notebook and select the USB Kingston drive/Origin 1100 from the list
Press F8 on boot for a Desktops with an ASUS motherboard and select the USB Kingston drive/Origin 1100 from the list
Press F11 on boot for a Desktops with an MSI or Asrock motherboard and select the USB Kingston drive/Origin 1100 from the list
Press F12 on boot for a Desktops with an Gigabyte motherboard and select the USB Kingston drive/Origin 1100 from the list
Press ESC on boot for a Desktops with an EVGA motherboard and select the USB Kingston drive/Origin 1100 from the list
2. Select the Restore option from the Backup & Recovery Window
3. Click Next at the Recovery Window
4. At the Browse for Archive select the look in drop down menu and select the Removable Disk
a. *****Please make sure to unplug any other USB storage devices from the system*****
5. Next click the plus sign on the CUSTOMER IMAGE folder and select the customer archive that will be labeled with the customer name and click next
6. At the What to Restore window click next make sure to select the archive to restore the entire image to the disk.
7. Next at the Restore Preview click Next this will show the partition layout for the image being restored
8. Final will be the selection of the destination drive select the drive that the image will be restored to and click next.
9. Check the option for "Copy data and resize partitions to proportionate size."
a. **Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 USERS** If you are restoring your system and it has Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, please be sure to check “Switch EFI to boot from destination drive.”
10. Please allow 20-30 minutes for the restore to complete. The restore will set the machine back to day one the system was received and erase all information on the main operating system drive.
If this does not resolve the issue, please try this instead below.
How do I clean install my Windows 10 operating system?
¹ If RAID, it will affect any drives part of the RAID volume.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.