- First, confirm you are connected to the proper speaker output. If you purchased a sound card and are not using the built in motherboard audio, make sure to connect the speaker cable to the soundcard not the onboard connection near the USB ports.
- Verify the volume is not muted, you may find the volume control on the lower right hand side with an icon of a speaker. Also, make sure the speaker/headset/mic is not powered off or muted.
- Check your sources are set as default, right click the device and hit test on each one til the right one makes a sound. Right click after you found the right one and set it as the default device.
- Make sure your microphone is set as default, also check that the input volume level is at the highest setting to test. Once you have the right device, set it as default and adjust the input level as preferred.
- Try reinstalling the device drivers for your speakers, audio, and recording devices/software.
- Verify with another device that uses the same port or different port to see if the issue is related to the hardware or software.
I have no sound coming from my speakers or from my microphone, what should I do? Print
Modified on: Wed, 20 Dec, 2017 at 11:23 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.